Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A random thought

I was happy to see you tonight. Mum told me you were back in town for the night- and I rushed to finish some things in the office, to brave the traffic jams. You were home. At last.

My heart warmed when I saw you. We don't talk much about us, you and I- but we find common ground in many things. We laughed a lot tonight- I told you how much I wanted a pair of Jimmy Choos. 

You were always a pest as a child. I hated how you would bully me and get away with things, just because you were the baby of the household. You were also impossibly cute as a toddler, with a huge gap between your teeth and cheeks like apples.

I guess I don't care now.

It's been quiet since you moved away.

In case I didn't say it: I guess I love you, baby brother. You're 31 years old, but you'll always be my little baby brother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment